Friday, September 26, 2008

BIG NEWS!!

I'M PREGNANT
Although I've already spilled the beans to a few of you, I wanted to wait until my first doctors appointment before offically announcing it. Yesterday it was finally confirmed, I am 7 weeks pregnant and my due date is May 12th...YEAH!




















THE BABY STORY:
We found out about our little bundle of joy about 3 weeks ago. As you can see our initial reaction was just as surprised as you are:) I love Josh's "deer in head lights" look....it is classic! Anyways, it was right around our 3 month anniversary when I just started having the feeling I was pregnant. I can't explain it, but I just knew! We took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came out negative, but I just wouldn't let it go! About 3 days later (after the torture of listening to me spaz out) Josh decided to humor me, so we took a thrid test! And who would have thought it, a little blue plus sign appeared. I'm sure this isn't the normal reaction, but immediately we just started cracking up. We just couldn't believe it! We still wanted more proof so we rushed back to the store and got 2 more tests (I'm sure the people at Walgreen's thought we were crazy!). + and +....WOW! It was amazing. I think we went through every emotion these last few weeks...Joy, Shock, Fear, and of course Joy again.

Yesterday, we saw the first picture of our baby. All though the baby is only the size of a blueberry we could see the heart beating! It was pumping so fast! It was amazing. I just looked at Josh and could not believe we made this together....It was so beautiful.

11 comments:

The Obergs said...

hahah, oh my heck congrats! Was this a surprise, or something you were hoping for? I don't think the feeling of shock ever goes away. I'm 15 wks and still can hardly believe that it's real. Have you been sick? I don't know how you are able to have the energy to move, let alone dance. I've been a total slug since I got pregnant.

Emily Harper said...

The baby (although the size of a blueberry) looks beautiful already! I still can't even tell you how crazy happy I am for you! YEAH!

Erin Taylor said...

YEA!!!!!! happy baby!!!!! Jens... get ready for the weirdest ride of your life....!!!! it is an amzing one... but so weird... a new thing ever day and every week... first thing that you should do is go to babycenter.com and sign up... they send you weekly emails on what is going on with your baby... how it feels and how you are doing.... next go get the book belly laughs... out of all the book i have read that one was the best!!!! oh and dont read too much... What to expect when your expecting freaked the crap out of me... i hated it!!!! if you need to vent, cry or yell.... i know your husband is there... but being 25 weeks... i understand that sometimes, they just make it worse!!!!

I am so happy for you too!!!! Congratulations... and really call me anytime you want!!!!

Aleese and Scott said...

WOW congratulations! That is the best news ever! I love your reactions in your pictures! I am so excited for you! You two will have such a cute little baby!

Matt & Candice said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you. It's amazing how quickly life can change - and it's definitely all for the better!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is soooooo awesome!!!! Being a mom is serioulsy the best thing in the whole world, and I know you will make the best mom ever. When you have your baby shower I definitely want to fly out to denver and come! It is so funny last year when we went to dinner I was pregnant and didn't know it, and we both said we didn't want to have kids for like 5 years. Funny how it really isn't up to us.

Emily said...

OH my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to love being a mommy!!!! It is the greatest blessing ever!! I am so happy for you....keep us posted!!

The Great Dains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Jo said...

Jen, this is Jamie (ericksen) and DAWN Velasquez!!! Your good old highschool buddies:) We are so dang happy for you! Dawn says she misses the crap out of you! She has a darling little 18mo old daughter. We love you, and miss you- good luck! ps- how will you hide your cute belly under that sexy broncos cheer uney??? ha ha:) CONGRATS!!!

Kattie said...

CONGRATS!!!!! That is super exciting, you will make a wonderful mommy, what a lucky little baby! Jay is most likely doing a job in Aspen Colorado this December, We must get together:) I havent seen you in one million years (too long). Good luck with the first trimester, hope you dont get to sicky:)

RicAnn said...

Jen!!!
COngrats on the baby, That is so exciting! I found your blog on Kattie's. I hope you don't mind. I haven't talked to you in years! But is looks like things are going great for you! Hopefully we can keep in touch.

RicAnn
notesfromthered.blogspot.com