Friday, April 17, 2009

THE ALMOST BABY STORY

Well last Friday Josh and I had our first little taste of what D-day will be like. It was about 10:30pm and I started going into labor. I was only 35 weeks along so naturally this was a BIG shock and surprise to both of us. We had no bags packed, no car seat, and the nursery was still in shambles to say the least. Between the contractions and horrific back labor I stopped bawling long enough to call my doctor at 2:30am where she proceeded to have me come into the hospital. Josh was so sweet running all over the house getting stuff organized and looking just as panicked as I was. He kept trying to get me to do my "breathing", but at that point I was in so much pain that all bets were off.
On the way to hospital we had to pull over for my one of my uncontrollable vomiting spells, nearly ran out of gas, and missed our exit! We were a mess. Once at the hospital the nurse ran some tests on me and found out I had a kidney infection which is what triggered the labor. Luckily she was able to give me a shot which stopped the labor and contractions, and I was then treated for the infection. Two days later after all of that drama (and pain) we were finally out of the hospital, but with no baby.
As much as I wish we were able to bring our son home, I'm glad it all worked out the way it did! Our little guy still has a few more weeks of much needed "cookin" to do. Also it gave us some more time to get ready at home. Needless to say, our bags are now packed and the nursery is complete! Plus it gave us a little "practice" run for the real thing:)

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

oh geez Jenny, this is quite the story. It's kind of nice though because at least it got you guys all prepared for the big day. Hopefully the second time around will go a little more smoothly. By the way, I threw up when I was in labor twice! I couldn't have an epidural for a while and I think the pain of the contractions were making me sick.

Aleese and Scott said...

WOW, isn't it stressful when you are not ready. That is how I was, I was just going to a regular appt. and I ended up never leaving. I am glad things worked out and you were able to get more prepared, all though I am pretty excited to see your little guy! Good luck over the next couple of weeks!

Brad and Jen said...

OH MY GOSH! Jen, that sucks, but like you said it made you get all ready to go! Get feeling better girl and take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly that is scary!!!! I wish so bad I could have seen you while I was in Denver. Next time I am there you for sure will have your baby boy home and I will come see him.

Randi said...

Oh my.. that sounds so crazy. I am glad they were able to stop the labor. I hope you are feeling ok. How the heck did you get a kidney infection. Hope everything goes better when the baby really comes. You are in my prayers.

L'Hôte said...

That's shocking!!! I'm so sorry that you were in pain, but great that everything turned out okay!!! You look so darn cute, I'm so excited for what's to come.

xoxo
Candice