Thursday, November 19, 2009

CHEER FOR THE TROOPS CHARITY- PLEASE READ!!!!!

Hi fellow bloggers! First off thanks for reading, because if any of you out there are like me I tend to skip the blogs with too much writing...I'm more of a picture person myself:) Anyways, I'll get right to the point. As many of you may or may not know I danced with the Denver Bronco Cheerleaders for 3 seasons before Ethan was born. During that time I started a holiday charity called "Cheer for the Troops" inspired by Josh's 15 month deployment in Iraq. Although Josh is now out of the military...thank goodness...I am still heading up "Cheer for the Troops" for a 4th year!

"Cheer for the Troops" is just like it sounds....we are sending holiday "cheer" to our men and women overseas. We do so by collecting goodies, letters, and of course Broncos gear. Now we used to do this exclusively within the cheerleader organization, meaning we used to collect the goods, pack and ship them solely as DBC.

This year I have teamed up with my friend Bri, and our goal is make the "Cheer for the Troops" program bigger and better. After amazing responses from grateful soldiers we figured it was our duty to continue to let this program flourish and to spread more "cheer" to our deserving soldiers. So with this in mind that is why I am reaching out you.....Friends, Family, Fellow bloggers and of course blogstalkers:) I need your help to expand this program.

If anyone out there is interested in donating a gift we are collecting donations at the team store at INVESCO Field from November 27th-December 3rd. If you are not local, or are interested in hosting a donation box at your business, church etc. please contact me, by commenting below or at: Cheer4TheTroops@Yahoo.com.

For more info about Cheer for the Troops, and for a list of needed gift donations please visit our website at http://www.denverbroncos.com/; Click on "Cheerleaders", then the "Cheer for the Troops" link. I also am blogging on the Bronco's website where you can continue reading about our progress this season. You can find this blog on my friends list under "DBC Blog". Thank you all for reading and for your help.

Of course I can't blog without adding a picture of my little man. I sent this picture to Josh for Veterans' Day , but I figure it's appropriate here also:)















1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

JEN! hey girl... Your sweet little Ethan is so sweet:) Are you loving being a mommy??? I was just in Denver last weekend & went to the Bronco's game. I was wishing you were still a cheerleader so I could have seen you:( Well, your baby is MUCH cuter than a Bronco anyways!!! WORTH IT! I wish I would have planned better and met up with ya somewhere? It was a last minute & quick trip- NEXT TIME! I would LOVE to see you:)