Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SURPRISE BABY SHOWER

So to give you a little background before I tell you about the shower, Josh is an executive management partner at Cintas. With this position Josh is in a two year "training program" which requires him to rotate through numerous jobs before he takes over a location of his own. About 6 months ago he worked in the plant as a production supervisor. When he left that job the people he worked with threw him a going away party, which his boss told me, they had never done before for any other supervisor. Anyways, it's been six months since then and still these people care for and respect Josh enough to reach out him and his family once again.

Yesterday morning Josh called me at around 8am and told me that he wanted to go to lunch with me and I HAD to be at his work by 10:15am. First off I was cranky that he woke me, because as all you other pregnant women know sleeping is hard enough as it is. Anyways, I dragged myself out of bed to meet him like he asked. When I got there he told me to come with him to the break room (which again I thought was weird) where I was shocked to find a surprise baby shower waiting for me. The shower was filled with numerous homemade Mexican dishes, a delicious cake, and gifts. The ladies also made me a pin to wear as the mom to be. It was so wonderful and so thoughtful I just couldn't believe they all took the time to organize this party for Josh and I.

What was even better was as I sat there and talked to many of these women they just went on and on about what a wonderful boss and person Josh is. They all kept telling me how sad they were when he had to leave to his new position. I just felt so proud and so blessed to have a husband who managed to impact that many people in such a short amount of time.

Here I am cutting my cake...
By the way this cake had the best frosting I had ever eaten!









Some of his old employees...
Sorry the photos are blurry








Opening gifts...








39 weeks...
I figured this would be my final profile shot.
I can't imagine getting any bigger over the next week.
By the looks of it he is going to a big boy,
or else I am just huge for no reason!











Random...
I just thought my dog Kiwi looked so stinkin' cute here.
I was looking everywhere for her, and I found
her nice and cozy in our blanket!





2 comments:

Mel said...

Aw that's really cute they did that. P.S. Large and in charge in that profile pic there :) hahaha I'm sorry, I had to! I may not get many more chances to do that

Aleese and Scott said...

You look great, and how thoughtful of them to throw you a shower! Wow only one week to go!